On May 25 the Metro Board voted unanimously in favor of using existing funds to fix local transportation issues, and have decided a freeway tunnel is NOT the way to go. Not surprisingly, Alhambra’s legislators are still clinging on to the antiquated pie in the sky.
Front page news in the LA Times today!
- May 24, 2017: LA Times: Board Drops Support for Controversial 710 Freeway
- May 24, 2017: LA Times: The Epic and Ugly Battle over what to do about the 710 Freeway
- May 25, 2017: Pasadena Patch: RIP 710 Freeway Tunnel: Metro Pulls Funding
- May 25, 2017: Watch news clip: ABC News: Metro board to pull support…
- May 25, 2017: Alhambra Source: Los Angeles Metro Votes to Implement Alternatives…
But Alhambra’s City Council is still clinging on:
“Supporting the tunnel should be a no-brainer for the board. Our goal is to relieve congestion in our neighborhoods,” Alhambra Mayor David Mejia said. Pasadena Patch